Angry Birds championship

27 March 2011  at 11:39
Yesterday saw the final of the first Angry Birds championship in Helsinki.  Two Finnish giants - Nokia and Angry Birds - teamed up to tour the country in order to find the country's best Angry Birds player.  A couple of weeks ago the travelling contest visited Jyväskylä, and I went along.


Many people stopped to play and watch


The event was hosted in the Forum shopping centre and featured several big screens hooked up to various Nokia devices as well as a huge catapult for playing a simplified "real life" version of the game.


This seemed to be much harder than it looked
Although I had only tried Angry Birds briefly a few months ago, I decided to give it a go.  I knew didn't have a chance of getting anywhere in the contest, but I thought I could at least win a small prize for taking part.  I also asked my boyfriend to play so we'd have twice the chance of winning something.  Okay, I just really wanted one of those Angry Birds soft toys!


I had fun playing and didn't do too badly considering my lack of experience.  I even managed to win an Angry Birds lanyard.  Not exactly what I wanted, but my boyfriend did better:
He won the red one for me!
In all, it was good fun to take part.  Congratulations to Jonas Koivula who was crowned the first Finnish Angry Birds champion yesterday in Helsinki, and even made the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment